62-63.5° Head Angle to handle well at speed and in the difficult situations (we've expressed HA as a range because we can fit different length forks and shocks to achieve the best solution).
To make sure it’s fast over the bumps we lowered the Bottom Bracket as far as we dare (340mm approx) so that we can get the weight on the cranks swinging under the front axle and not driving the front axle into the bump face. We also tailored the anti-squat to be just enough when you are in the gears used for technical climbs. In this way, the anti-squat falls away reducing the feeling of 'hang-up' on the bump edge as you shift into higher gears. This involved us specifying a higher main pivot in the first instance and allows a range of 30T, 32T or 34Tchainrings and an individual ride height depending on your riding focus.
We have a steeper than normal 77° seat angle to get a better drive over the cranks when the bike is climbing. We have enough room in the GeoMetron's cockpit to allow a comfortable saddle position and gain a more direct drive over the cranks without sliding the saddle back or using a long stem. We tailored the linkage progression to suit a modern air shock and more dynamic, modern riding style. With most modern linkage designs being way too linear for the UK market this will be a massive benefit to the dynamic rider.
• We can tailor the anti-squat to suit you and your technical climbs because we can let you try different sized chainrings and ride heights.
• We can use shorter cranks and more progressivity in the rear suspension to get better ground clearance if you live somewhere rocky and struggle with pedal strikes.
• We can let you try 740 bars vs 800mm bars.
• We can let you decide whether you need a 200mm front disc or a 180...
• We will set the suspension in terms of dynamic ride height, progressivity/linearity, bottom out resistance, rebound control and recovery and compression damping control and comfort. You’ll be amazed at just how much difference these suspension changes will make to riding confidence. The bike stays the correct shape, the forks offer comfort and support and the bike will actually pick up speed over the bumps rather than slowing down.
We can now offer test rides on the Mojo/Nicolai GeoMetron.
If you simply want to take a quick look, have a chat about the options and take a bounce round the car-park please simply call and we’ll accommodate you when we can.
If you want to take a more serious test ride then we’d love to offer a full test ride option where we’ll set up the Nicolai to your bar, pedal and saddle specs and set the suspension so that you can test it back to back against your own bike to settle your mind about any extreme geo questions!
This option will involve working with a Mojo technician and uplift if necessary so we will have to charge £200 for this 1/2 day option. But it’s the only way to fully appreciate how a very different bike works and can be made to work for you!
Test ride charges are fully refundable against a full bike purchase
Joel Moore takes the Longest GeoMetron for a ride!